“UI”— a snazzy Silicone Valley acronym hatched in an era of virtual controls which leave MUCH to be desired in the way of physical interaction. The resurgence of Modular Synthesis is certainly a reaction to the farce of context changing rotary encoder knobs & the latter day simulated controls tucked behind a veil of touch sensitive glass. Yet most modular systems lack quality tactile means of coherent real-time interaction with the instrument. Serving as a hub for simple, visceral & intuitive interaction is the m/12 Detektor’s specialty.
Use m/12 Detektor with:
- m/2 foot controller to trigger 4 discrete channels of CV hands-free
- e/1 Transducers to turn your system into a Real-Time Rhythm Rack
- m/4 Button Expander for perfectly weighted finger activation
- Up to 4 Audio Sources to control your Modular System
- m/16 to Control & Mix 4 Audio Channels to 6 Outputs
Use m/12 to “play” your modular in real-time with hands, feet, microphone & whatever else you can think of. Or in oblique “Modular Synth Jargon”: m/12 Detektor is a 4-Channel Multimode Single-Parameter Envelope Generator.
Multimode = 2 ways to activate m/12 CV Envelope Output:
A. Via 4 Pulse Inputs for use as an Audio to CV converter—allows conversion of Gate CV, Microphone, Contact Mic, Masonna-Maraca (Shaker Box), Drum Trigger, Drum Machine etc. to CV. (New Trogotronic e/1 Transducer is built for exactly this purpose).
B. Via 4 Trigger Inputs—Using Break-out m/4 Switch Module or the c/2 Floor Controller to commence a CV event.
Each CV event is initiated according to that channel’s Decay Knob & Idle State Switch—An event may trigger a CV Signal that hits fast / decays true to the Decay Knob OR one that is interrupted abruptly / recovers in accordance with Decay Setting.
Although the CV signals may be applied to just about any willing CV hole in your rack, m/16 Multiplex VCA & Mini Mix module is built to be a compelling companion module willing and able to control amplitude through 4 discrete channels AND/OR out of CV Controllable 2 Channel Mix.
- Audio to CV x 4 Channels or
- Remote Triggered x 4 Channels or
- Mix of Audio to CV & Triggered x 4 Channels
- Compatible with c/2, e/1, m/4 Passive Trigger & Signal Devices
- Rear Accessory Breakout Bus for Compatible Intra-Module Control
- 4 Decay Knobs (1 per Channel)
- 4 Idle State Controllers for Multimode Operation (1 per Channel)
- 4 Lamp CV Indicator Array
- Format = Euro
- Width = 9HP
- Depth w/ribbon cable attached = 2 1/16” (40mm)
- Peak Current Load = +12v 45mA / +5v 0.4mA / -12 9mA
- CV Output = 0 to +5.5v
- CV Output = PULSE INPUT mode 0 to +8v
List of Included Parts
- m/12 Analog Synth Utility Module
- Printed Instructions
- Ribbon Cable
- Mounting Screws
- 1 Driver Tool
Parts & Accessories
All Trogotronic instruments come complete with pretty much everything needed to “plug & play”. Still, herein are replacement parts should ever something go missing (plus a few extra options should ever such a fancy strike).